Monday, July 18, 2011

US trip 2010 special: food in Washington DC


About the food:

After our stay at NY city, we took the Amtrak train going to Washington DC. Hence we dropped of at the beautiful and large train station there.

We had lunch at a small sandwich place there and I ordered the chicken wrap, which is quite enough to make me full.



I also found this energizing black tea (with no sugar, just honey), and fortunately it did not taste sweet.

Afterwards, we took the bus tours that went around the entire area of Washington. The bus tours had multiple drop off and pick up points at the various Smithsonian museums and other landmarks.


At the Air and Space Museum, there was a fastfood center located next to it so I got this roasted chicken meal.

Moving on to the next day, we walked out of the hotel and looked for a place to have breakfast.


We had breakfast at The Brown Bag.



 I got this particular kind of omelette (they have other varieties)

Then I also got this muesli/granola with yogurt.

 Finally, after a short stay at Washington, we headed off the airport and had lunch at McDonalds. There, their value meals were really big in size. They had 10PC nugget meals. Plus, when you one order an apple pie, you actually get two pieces. Drinks are bottomless too.
 That concludes my foodtrip in Washington. Watch out for my next post:)






No comments:

Post a Comment