Saturday, July 2, 2011

Healthy Delight at Arama Cafe

tofu steak (php315)

About the food:

After attending DPP's 5th Anniversary located all along Bonifacio High Street, I looked for a place that provided both a healthy meal at a healthy cost to my wallet. It was not easy as most of the dining places in both Serendra and High Street were pricey.

Fortunately, I found Arama Cafe, that offered a vegetarian-friendly meal package. So I ordered the tofu steak above and it came with organic brown rice (see below).




The meal package did not include drinks so I ordered iced tea.


iced tea (php72)

I was quite pleased with the meal, the tofu was fresh, firm, and didnt smell bad. The sauce wasn't too salty. The rice was healthier than white rice, and the iced tea tasted good and is unlikely to be made from commercial iced tea powder.

To complete the meal, I also ordered Frozen Kefir (mango flavor).

frozen kefir (php 120)
Kefir is certainly a very healthy dessert, and its probiotic too. It tastes totally different from ice cream. Kefir has a slight hint of sourness, which is quite similar to plain unflavored yogurt. 


Where to buy and how much:

Arama Cafe is located at Serendra's ground floor, and is near A Different Bookstore.


Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment