Monday, May 9, 2011

Ozzy Ostrich Burgers at Mercato Centrale

Ozzy Ostrich Meat Burger


About the food:

During one of my regular foodtrips, I stumbled across a rare delicacy. At first I did not see it for what it was. It took some time for me to notice that the Ozzy burger wasn't just an ordinary beef burger. Instead, it was an ostrich meat burger! 

I had my Ozzy burger cooked medium well done, as suggested by the seller. It really tasted good! It was neither greasy nor fatty (ostrich meat is very lean). The serving size was adequate at a quarter pound. 



poutine (potato wedges with cheese and gravy)


You can also order to add poutine to your meal. The potato wedges were crisp and tasted well with the home-made sweet and peppery gravy.



Where to buy and how much:

Ozzy Ostrich burgers are available during Saturdays at Mercato Centrale in Fort Bonifacio Taguig (beside MC Home Depot). The burger alone costs PHP190 while the poutine costs PHP60). If you buy the value meal (burger plus poutine), it will only cost PHP230. Further, an Ozzy burger steak meal is also available at PHP150 (burger+gravy+ button musthrooms+rice) for those who prefer rice.





Rating:  10/10

Given it is a great and healthier alternative to other meats such as beef, chicken, and even turkey, I'm giving the ostrich meat burger a high rating. I just hope ostrich meat becomes more available and popular in the months to come. For a comparative health chart, see picture above.



Recommended links:

No comments:

Post a Comment